Core programme content
The core modules for this course are:
- The Evolution of British Government since 1945;
- British Political History since 1945;
Indicative non-core content
In addition to the core modules, students choose four modules from:
- The British Constitution in Crisis, 1910-2010;
- British Political History, 1895-1945;
- Anglo-American Relations since 1945;
- The European Union: History, Institutions, Identities;
- UK Government and the Constitution: Reform and Modernisation;
- History & Policy;
- History in Practice (research methods and historiography).
Students may also choose any other relevant module offered in the College with the programme leader's approval.
Students also research and write a 15,000 word supervised dissertation.
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
Modules are taught by subject specialists in small seminars, with students giving regular presentations, assessed principally by essays.
Professor Robert Blackburn
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Academia, politics, journalism, civil service.
Year of entry 2013