Core programme content
- Historical Background and General Principles;
- UK Copyright Law;
- Subject Matter;
- Protection Criteria;
- Economic Rights.
- Limitations and Exceptions;
- United States Copyright Law;
- Limitations and Exceptions.
- General Outline of French and German Laws on Author's Rights and Related Rights;
- Law of the European Union;
- Rental/Lending and Related Rights Directive;
- Computer Programme Directive;
- Current Issues and International Harmonisation.
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
Compulsory assignments and examination for the Postgraduate Diploma. MA: dissertation.
Professor Tanya Aplin
CPD accredited by Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board.
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
Two years PT (distance learning), October to October.
Distance learning with two/three weekend seminars in central London.
This programme enables practitioners to further progress in their chosen profession.
Year of entry 2013