Stroke Research at King’s College London is a unique multidisciplinary research group with expertise in stroke, brain and vascular medicine, brain injury, rehabilitation, vascular dementias and health services research. It is supported by grants from the Research Councils, National Institute of Health Research, and major medical charities such as the Wellcome Trust, the Stroke Association and the British Heart Foundation.
The coming together of King’s Heath Partners has put us in a unique position of strength to develop a centre of excellence in stroke that:
- maintains a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment to deliver imaginative and innovative stroke research;
- places major emphasis on the translation of laboratory advances to clinical practice;
- delivers outstanding research training in a nurturing environment for future leaders.
Group leaders include:
- Professor Lalit Kalra: Acute Stroke, Recovery and Rehabilitation
- Dr Anthony Strong (Emeritus): Acute brain injury, subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Dr Gerald Finnerty: - Finnerty Lab - Cortical Plasticity Group.
Associated research programmes
CONTACTS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Professor Lalit Kalra