King’s College London is internationally recognised as a centre of excellence for the study of medieval history, with particular expertise in the study of Anglo-Saxon England, Britain in the central Middle Ages and early medieval Europe, recently strengthened by the arrival of new members of staff.
Medieval History academic staff in the Department of History:
- Dr Stephen Baxter Anglo-Saxon England; Domesday Book & Norman Conquest; Medieval Europe
- Professor David Carpenter Medieval Britain; Henry III; Westminster Abbey; Magna Carta
- Dr Serena Ferente Late Medieval & Renaissance Italy; Gender & the State; Political Thought
- Professor Peter Heather Late Roman Empire & Successor States; Barbarian Hordes.
- Dr Alice Rio Medieval Europe; Frankish Kingdoms; Slavery & unfreedom; Legal practice & texts
- Dr Dionysios Stathakopoulos Late Antique & Byzantine History; Medicine.
Associated research programmes
CONTACTS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION