Language, Discourse & Communication, option of joint PhD with HKU/NUS


MPhil/PhD joint PhD with HKU/NUS


Part Time, Full Time

General entry advice

We usually require a  minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree, a Masters degree with at least a high Merit (or overseas equivalents) in a subject appropriate to the research area.

Applicants should provide evidence of capacity to work at distinction level, and a piece of independently produced academic work (e.g. a Master’s essay/dissertation or published or unpublished paper) that has been assessed by the supervisor and admissions tutor as showing potential for doctoral level work.

An approved professional qualification and extensive practical experience in the relevant field may be taken into account when evaluating an application.

Those applying for the joint degree are encouraged to contact an academic at King's to develop research links with the partner institution.


For EU/international students (where eligible) there is additional country-specific information within our international students section
Maughan Library