This novel Chemistry with Biomedicine degree imparts a rigorous theoretical and experimental understanding of chemistry, delivered within the context of applications that arise within the laboratories, hospitals and industrial partners of King’s College London. Students gain a classical chemical education plus a perspective and experience of diverse applications that lays down a basis for a flexible, interesting career.
- A new Chemistry programme, designed to meet the rigorous standards of the Royal Society for Chemistry and delivered by chemists working within a very broad range of biomedical and health applications.
- Career opportunities enhanced through international exchanges and working in industry.
- Teaching by internationally renowned scientists and researchers.
- Includes a major six month project in collaboration with our industrial and hospital partners.
- Designed to give graduates flexibility to develop a career in the growing fields of biomedical engineering, biotech and basic biological and biomedical research.
- Excellent basis for graduate entry to Medicine, Dentistry and other health professions.
- Option to exit after three years with BSc Chemistry with Biomedicine, ideal for those who wish to specialise in a fourth year doing a more focused MRes or MSc.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014