A degree comprising intensive study of Latin and/or ancient Greek language and literature, or Greek and Roman culture, with some language work combined with French language, literature and culture. The course is based in central London and includes a year of study abroad.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- One of the very best classics departments in the country, renowned for its quality of teaching, student experience and cutting-edge research.
- Central location offers collaborations with the British Museum and the Museum of London, which are incorporated into undergraduate teaching.
- The department stages an annual Greek play in the original language, providing students with an opportunity to experience the Greek dramatic tradition.
- Degree programmes combine focus and flexibility, allowing students to pursue their interests.
- Graduates are equipped with analytical and presentational skills valued by employers, leading to careers in heritage-related professions, the media, education, civil service and the performing arts.
Follow King's Classics on facebook
- Recognised as one of the leading French departments in the UK, distinguished for its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching features innovative approaches to French language, literature, cultural, political and historical studies.
- The year abroad offers students the unique opportunity for immersion in French culture. We have exchanges with a number of partner universities in France and French speaking countries currently including Sorbonne Paris IV, Nanterre Paris X, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Paris, Sciences Po Paris, Universiteé des Antilles et de la Guyane, Université d'Aix-Marseille, Universiteé de Montréal, Universiteé de Poitiers, Universiteé Lyon 2, Institut d'études politiques (Lyon), Université de Genève. The year abroad also offers students the opportunity to work as an English Language Assistant on a programme run by the British Council.
- Opportunity to study abroad offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in French culture and society, and achieve language fluency.
- Combination of language skills, cultural literacy and critical thinking means graduates from King's are highly employable.
- All students follow core modules in French language to a high level of proficiency in written and spoken French.
King's College London
Year of entry 2015