A degree in the heart of London focused around intensive study of Latin and/or ancient Greek language and literature, or Greek and Roman culture, with some language work. English literature study develops clear critical thinking and succinct expression of ideas− valuable in today's job market.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- One of the very best classics departments in the country, renowned for its quality of teaching, student experience and cutting-edge research.
- Central location offers collaborations with the British Museum and the Museum of London, which are incorporated into undergraduate teaching.
- The department stages an annual Greek play in the original language, providing students with an opportunity to experience the Greek dramatic tradition.
- Degree programmes combine focus and flexibility, allowing students to pursue their interests.
- Graduates are equipped with analytical and presentational skills valued by employers, leading to careers in heritage-related professions, the media, education, civil service and the performing arts.
Follow King's Classics on facebook
- One of the oldest English departments in the country, with an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research.
- Personal attention given to each student, creating a vibrant intellectual atmosphere and a network of support.
- Offers a wide range of modules and diverse approaches.
- Central location offers access to Shakespeare’s Globe, and countless other sites and buildings with literary associations.
- Graduates develop transferable analytical and communications skills, making them highly desirable to employers across a range of sectors.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014