An Education Studies degree in central London designed for anyone working in a school who is not a qualified teacher. The programme introduces students to the theoretical underpinnings of teaching and learning. Work-based assignments facilitate the integration of theory into professional practice.
The Foundation Degree will be charged at £4,500 (for the first year, increasing in line with inflation for following year).
- The programme provides the opportunity to those in a range of educational support roles (eg teaching assistant, mentor, learning support assistant, coach) to gain a qualification whilst continuing in employment
- The programme will give students the opportunity to provide a theoretical framework for their practical experience
- Completing this foundation degree offers a route towards full graduate (BA) status and postgraduate study including teacher training through PGCE or GTP.
- Excellent teaching and learning facilities centrally located on the South Bank close to the transport networks at Waterloo.
- Student-centred environment with high levels of tutorial support from academics.
- Staff in the department have extensive experience in a wide variety of teaching contexts as well as world-renowned expertise in educational research.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014