A dynamic degree that offers students the chance to study in the heart of London, and engage with its literary and visual history. Our teaching is of the highest quality and our modules cover the global history of literatures in English. Film Studies modules provide the conceptual tools for understanding how society is mediated by cinematic and electronic images.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- One of the oldest English departments in the country, with an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research.
- Personal attention given to each student, creating a vibrant intellectual atmosphere and a network of support.
- Offers a wide range of modules and diverse approaches.
- Central location offers access to Shakespeare’s Globe, and countless other sites and buildings with literary associations.
- Graduates develop transferable analytical and communications skills making them highly desirable to employers across a range of sectors.
• The best department for the study of film in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2012, 2013).
• The leading dedicated film studies team in central London.
.• Recognized in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise as a world-leading and internationally excellent research centre, the department was ranked one of the top five of its kind in the UK.
• Friendly and supportive learning environment.
• Central location offers exciting possibilities for further access to film, most notably King's close proximity to the British Film Institute Library, and the new BFI Southbank.
• Provides a grounding for pursuing careers in the media arts and related activities.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014