This intellectually challenging programme is designed for students who are interested in the political science analysis of European integration and governance blended with the opportunity of familiarising themselves with the history and politics of selected European countries. It helps students to step outside a national perspective and adopt a comparative approach to domestic politics.
The programme aims to equip students with the competences needed to critically analyse European politics shaped by the interplay of domestic, European and international dynamics. It is designed for students interested in the political science analysis of European governance blended with the opportunity of familiarising themselves with the history and politics of selected European countries.
- Taught by a research-active, multi-national faculty with a passion for their subject and a wealth of knowledge in key fields of European politics.
- A wide range of modules available to specialise in particular policy areas, drawing on the strengths not just of European & International Studies but also other departments across King’s.
- Provides an in-depth perspective on the history and politics of European countries benefiting from the close links with nationally-focused departments.
- The department is a founding member of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, which regularly invites high-profile scholars and practitioners to events at King’s.
- European Politics at King’s provides a strong grounding for a wide-range of careers, including in EU institutions and national government, but also journalism, public relations and consultancies.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014