A four- year French and History degree programme in the heart of London. Enhance your historical learning and critical thinking and focus on advanced study of French language and culture. History modules cover topics from European medieval history to Modern British politics.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Recognised as one of the leading French departments in the UK, distinguished for its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching features innovative approaches to French language, literature, cultural, political and historical studies.
- The year abroad offers students the unique opportunity for immersion in French culture. We have exchanges with a number of partner universities in France and French speaking countries currently including Sorbonne Paris IV, Université des Antilles et de la Guyane, The University of Provence, The University of Montpellier III, Université de Montréal, The University of Cergy-Pontoise, University of Poitiers, University of Lyon, Institut d'études politiques (IEP) and the University of Geneva. The year abroad also offers students the opportunity to work as an English Language Assistant on a programme run by the British Council.
- Opportunity to study abroad offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in French culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- Combination of language skills, cultural literacy and critical thinking means graduates from King's are highly employable.
- All students follow core modules in French language to a high level of proficiency in written and spoken French.
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked 2nd in the UK by The Sunday Times newspaper (2011).
- Excellent graduate prospects, amongst the top five in the country (Times Good University Guide, 2010).
- Graduates get top jobs in a wide range of sectors, including law, business, government, heritage, finance and teaching.
- A wider range of periods and places than most history degrees, from medieval Europe to modern India.
- Students are taught in a friendly and supportive environment by expert historians.
- The central London location offers students easy access to world-class museums, collections and libraries.
Follow King's history on facebook
King's College London
Year of entry 2014