A joint honours degree programme in the heart of London in one of the rare departments that offers the whole range of French and Francophone language and literature from Middle Ages to today. One of three UK institutions that teach Byzantine and Modern Greek to BA level.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
Byzantine & Modern Greek
- Recognised as one of the leading French departments in the UK, distinguished for its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching features innovative approaches to French language, literature, cultural, political and historical studies.
- The year abroad offers students the unique opportunity for immersion in French culture. We have exchanges with a number of partner universities in France and French speaking countries currently including Sorbonne Paris IV, Université des Antilles et de la Guyane, The University of Provence, The University of Montpellier III, Université de Montréal, The University of Cergy-Pontoise, University of Poitiers, University of Lyon, Institut d'études politiques (IEP) and the University of Geneva. The year abroad also offers students the opportunity to work as an English Language Assistant on a programme run by the British Council.
- Opportunity to study abroad offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in French culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- Combination of language skills, cultural literacy and critical thinking means graduates from King's are highly employable.
- All students follow core modules in French language to a high level of proficiency in written and spoken French.
- King's is one of only three UK institutions that teach Byzantine & Modern Greek to BA degree level.
- The Centre for Hellenic Studies at King's is the largest of its kind, with all staff active in research at international level, in a wide range of fields.
- Location makes collaboration possible with many Greek cultural organisations based in London.
- Students are offered the opportunity to improve their language skills during a year studying abroad.
- Graduates go into a wide range of professions, including law, government service, journalism, teaching and the financial services industries.
Follow Hellenic Studies at King's on facebook
King's College London
Year of entry 2014