French and Philosophy degree in the heart of London offering a whole range of French and Francophone language and literature modules from Middle Ages to today available as well as, extremely wide choice of philosophy modules with particular teaching strengths in philosophy of mind, science and ancient philosophy.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Recognised as one of the leading French departments in the UK, distinguished for its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching features innovative approaches to French language, literature, cultural, political and historical studies.
- The year abroad offers students the unique opportunity for immersion in French culture. We have exchanges with a number of partner universities in France and French speaking countries currently including Paris Sorbonne (IV), Université Paris X Nanterre, Ecole Normale Supérieure (Paris), Sciences Po (Paris), Université des Antilles et de la Guyane (Martinique), Université de Provence, Université de Montréal, Université de Poitiers, Université Lumiere Lyon 2, Sciences Po (Lyon), Université de Geneve, Université Laval, Université de Strasbourg. The year abroad also offers students the opportunity to work as an English Language Assistant on a programme run by the British Council.
- Combination of language skills, cultural literacy and critical thinking means graduates from King's are highly employable.
- All students follow core modules in French language to a high level of proficiency in written and spoken French.
- One of the largest and most distinguished philosophy departments in the country.
- The Department is ranked as one of the top-three UK philosophy departments in the 2014 Research Excellence framework for both the quality of our research and research power.
- Our National Student Survey (NSS) satisfaction results are consistently excellent. In the most recent NSS, we came first in the Russell Group for Teaching Satisfaction and Feedback and Assessment; 99% of students report being satisfied with our teaching.
- King's offers an exceptionally wide range of optional courses, covering all areas of the history of philosophy and contemporary philosophy.
- Our emphasis on small-group teaching ensures students acquire and hone the skills of critical thinking.
Please note: Assessed internship placements are not included as part of this programme. However, King’s Careers & Employability can help you to find a range of different work experience options, including internships, placements and shadowing opportunities.
King's College London
Year of entry 2016