French and Philosophy degree in the heart of London offering a whole range of French and Francophone language and literature modules from Middle Ages to today available as well as, extremely wide choice of philosophy modules with particular teaching strengths in philosophy of mind, science and ancient philosophy.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Recognised as one of the leading French departments in the UK, distinguished for its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching features innovative approaches to French language, literature, cultural, political and historical studies.
- Opportunity to study abroad offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in French culture and society and achieve language fluency. We have exchanges with a number of partner universities in France and French speaking countries currently includingSorbonne Paris IV, Nanterre Paris X, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Paris, Sciences Po Paris, Universiteé des Antilles et de la Guyane, Université d'Aix-Marseille, Universiteé de Montréal, Universiteé de Poitiers, Universiteé Lyon 2, Institut d'études politiques (Lyon), Université de Genève. The year abroad also offers students the opportunity to work as an English Language Assistant on a programme run by the British Council.
- Combination of language skills, cultural literacy and critical thinking means graduates from King's are highly employable.
- All students follow core modules in French language to a high level of proficiency in written and spoken French.
- One of the largest and most distinguished philosophy departments in the country.
- The Department is ranked as one of the top-three UK philosophy departments in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise.
- Our National Student Survey (NSS) satisfaction results are consistently excellent. In the most recent NSS, teaching satisfaction remains very high at 97% (up from 96% in 2012), with 100% of respondents saying that our "staff are enthusiastic about what they are teaching", and "the course is intellectually stimulating". Our overall satisfaction rating was 95%.
- King's offers an exceptionally wide range of optional courses, covering all areas of the history of philosophy and contemporary philosophy.
- Our emphasis on small-group teaching ensures students acquire and hone the skills of critical thinking.
King's College London
Year of entry 2015