Historical learning and critical thinking with a focus on an advanced study of German language and society. Choose modules from European medieval history to modern British politics. The degree programme is taught in the heart of London and covers historical skills, sources and thematic history.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Highest-rated department in German within London and nationally on the strength of its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching informed and delivered by staff who carry out that research.
- Exceptionally wide range of modules covering literature, language, film, and history.
- Central location offers students access to a variety of libraries and resources, including the Goethe-Insitut and the Austrian Cultural Forum.
- Opportunity to study in a German-speaking country offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked 2nd in the UK by The Sunday Times newspaper (2011).
- Excellent graduate prospects, amongst the top five in the country (Times Good University Guide, 2010).
- Graduates get top jobs in a wide range of sectors, including law, business, government, heritage, finance and teaching.
- A wider range of periods and places than most history degrees, from medieval Europe to modern India.
- Students are taught in a friendly and supportive environment by expert historians.
- The central London location offers students easy access to world-class museums, collections and libraries.
Follow King's history on facebook
King's College London
Year of entry 2014