Attain a high level of proficiency in German on this joint honours degree programme based in the heart of London; develop knowledge and understanding of the culture and society. Study the central role of music in today’s culture as a creative mode of self-expression and a significant form of knowledge.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Highest-rated department in German within London and nationally on the strength of its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching informed and delivered by staff who carry out that research.
- Exceptionally wide range of modules covering literature, language, film, and history.
- Central location offers students access to a variety of libraries and resources, including the Goethe-Insitut and the Austrian Cultural Forum.
- Opportunity to study in a German-speaking country offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- One of the most prestigious music departments in the UK.
- Ranked second in the country for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey (2008).
- Students benefit from firm links with the Royal Academy of Music, English National Opera (ENO), the British Library, the Opera Group and the BBC.
- Flexible programme offers students the opportunity to choose the types of modules that suit their interests.
- Central location offers access to London’s rich music scene, alongside numerous libraries and cultural institutes.
King's College London
Year of entry 2015