A degree in London with an exceptionally wide range of modules in both German and Philosophy that cover literature, language, film, history, philosophical thought, and political and social theory; plus, philosophy of mind, science and ancient philosophy and much more.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Highest-rated department in German within London and nationally on the strength of its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching informed and delivered by staff who carry out that research.
- Exceptionally wide range of modules covering literature, language, film, and history.
- Central location offers students access to a variety of libraries and resources, including the Goethe-Insitut and the Austrian Cultural Forum.
- Opportunity to study in a German-speaking country offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- One of the largest and most distinguished philosophy departments in the country.
- The Department is ranked in the top six nationally for world-leading and internationally excellent research (Research Assessment Exercise 2008).
- In the most recent NSS, 95% were satisfied with the quality of the teaching on their course, and 98% of our students reported that they find their course intellectually stimulating. Our scores for feedback, provision of learning resources and personal development were also consistently above the sector average (source: National Student Survey 2012)
- King's offers an exceptionally wide range of optional courses, covering all areas of the history of philosophy and contemporary philosophy.
- Emphasis on small-group teaching ensures students acquire and hone the skills of critical thinking.
King's College London
Three years - or, with an optional year abroad, four years.
Year of entry 2014