Attain a high level of proficiency in German on this joint degree in the heart of London and develop knowledge and understanding of the culture and society. Portuguese study embraces the language, history and culture of four continents: Europe, America, Africa and Asia.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
Portuguese & Brazilian Studies
- Highest-rated department in German within London and nationally on the strength of its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching informed and delivered by staff who carry out that research.
- Exceptionally wide range of modules covering literature, language, film, and history.
- Central location offers students access to a variety of libraries and resources, including the Goethe-Insitut and the Austrian Cultural Forum.
- Opportunity to study in a German-speaking country offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- Programme taught by world-class lecturers in a friendly environment.
- Wide range of modules is unique in the UK.
- King’s library contains the most complete collection of material on Portugal, Brazil and Portuguese-speaking Africa available in any UK university.
- Central location offers students the opportunity to make use of the library of the Luso-Brazilian Council.
- Opportunity to study abroad for a year offers students the chance to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014