Attain a high level of proficiency in German, and develop knowledge and understanding of the culture and society. You may also choose from a diverse and comprehensive choice of English modules. The degree is based in central London and includes a year in a German-speaking country.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Highest-rated Department in German within London and nationally on the strength of its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching informed and delivered by staff who carry out that research.
- Exceptionally wide range of modules covering literature, language, film, and history.
- Central location offers students access to a variety of libraries and resources, including the Goethe-Insitut and the Austrian Cultural Forum.
- Opportunity to study in a German-speaking country offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- One of the oldest English departments in the country, with an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research.
- Personal attention given to each student, creating a vibrant intellectual atmosphere and a network of support.
- Offers a wide range of modules, and diverse approaches.
- Central location offers access to Shakespeare’s Globe, and countless other sites and buildings with literary associations.
- Graduates develop transferable analytical and communications skills making them highly desirable to employers across a range of sectors.
King's College London
Four years FT (with third year abroad in a German-speaking country)
Year of entry 2014