Attain a high level of proficiency in German. Develop knowledge and understanding of the culture and society. Learn how society is mediated by cinematic and electronic images through film studies modules. The German degree programme is based in central London and includes a year in a German-speaking country.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Highest-rated department in German within London and nationally on the strength of its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching informed and delivered by staff who carry out that research.
- Exceptionally wide range of modules covering literature, language, film, and history.
- Central location offers students access to a variety of libraries and resources, including the Goethe-Insitut and the Austrian Cultural Forum.
- Opportunity to study in a German-speaking country offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- The best department for the study of film in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2012, 2013).
- The leading dedicated film studies team in central London.
- Recognised in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise as a world-leading and internationally excellent research centre, the department was ranked one of the top five of its kind in the UK.
- Friendly and supportive learning environment.
- Central location offers exciting possibilities for further access to film, most notably King's close proximity to the British Film Institute Library, and the new BFI Southbank.
- Provides a grounding for pursuing careers in the media arts and related activities.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014