The literature, history and language of Spain and Greece are intellectually and culturally important, and the political and economic significance immense. Develop transferable skills such as linguistic fluency, analytical and communication skills whilst studying in central London.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
Byzantine & Modern Greek
- One of the country's most highly rated Hispanic Studies departments for teaching and research.
- Programme taught by staff who are experts in their field.
- Central location offers easy access to a wide range of institutes and centres that promote Hispanic culture.
- Opportunity to study abroad for a year offers students the chance to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- Lively department social life through the student-run Hispanic Society.
- King's is one of only three UK institutions that teach Byzantine & Modern Greek to BA degree level.
- The Centre for Hellenic Studies at King's is the largest of its kind, with all staff active in research at international level, in a wide range of fields.
- Location makes collaboration possible with many Greek cultural organisations based in London.
- Students are offered the opportunity to improve their language skills during a year studying abroad.
- Graduates go into a wide range of professions, including law, government service, journalism, teaching and the financial services industries.
Follow Hellenic Studies at King's on facebook
King's College London
Year of entry 2014