A major/ minor Hispanic Studies and Film degree in the heart of London. The department of Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies is active in all fields of Spanish language, literature and cultural history. Film Studies aims to provide conceptual tools for understanding critically how society is mediated by cinematic and electronic images.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- One of the country's most highly rated Spanish departments for teaching and research.
- Programme taught by staff who are experts in their field.
- Central location offers easy access to a wide range of institutes and centres that promote Hispanic culture.
- Opportunity to study abroad for a year offers students the chance to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- Lively department social life through the student-run Hispanic Society.
- The best department for the study of film in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2012, 2013).
- The leading dedicated film studies team in central London.
- Recognised in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise as a world-leading and internationally excellent research centre, the department was ranked one of the top five of its kind in the UK.
- Friendly and supportive learning environment.
- Central location offers exciting possibilities for further access to film, most notably King's close proximity to the British Film Institute Library, and the new BFI Southbank.
- Provides a grounding for pursuing careers in the media arts and related activities.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014