A joint honours mathematics and philosophy degree in central London. Mathematics graduates are popular amongst employers. We offer an extremely wide choice of philosophy modules with particular teaching strengths in philosophy of mind, science and ancient philosophy.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Central location gives easy access to major libraries and many leading societies, including the London Mathematical Society.
- Leading centre of research, with 65 per cent of the department’s research classed as world leading or internationally excellent.
- Wide choice of modules taught by renowned experts.
- Friendly and supportive learning environment.
- Improved career prospects – King’s graduates are highly sought after both nationally and internationally in a wide range of professions.
- One of the largest and most distinguished philosophy departments in the country.
- The Department is ranked in the top six nationally for world-leading and internationally excellent research (Research Assessment Exercise 2008).
- We receive consistently high scores in the National Student Survey, with 91% of students registering overall satisfaction with their course for two years running (NSS 2010 & 2011)
- King's offers an exceptionally wide range of optional courses, covering all areas of the history of philosophy and contemporary philosophy.
- Emphasis on small-group teaching ensures students acquire and hone the skills of critical thinking.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014