Explores the link between genes, disease & treatment by combining the study of drugs and their effects in the body with study of the structure & function of genes & genomes. An ideal basis for careers in the pharmaceutical industry or biomedical research, especially in pharmacogenetics - the variation of a drug’s effectiveness and toxicity on an individual’s genetic make-up. Also prepares for graduate entry to medicine.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Europe's largest centre for medical and professional healthcare education.
- Only university to host six Medical Research Council centres.
- Teaching by internationally renowned scientists and researchers.
- Contemporary approach based on our history of pioneering discoveries – including our part in finding the structure of DNA.
- Top-rated Pharmacology programme in latest National Student Survey.
- Optional Extramural Year in industry or research institution.
- Highly rated in the National Student Survey
- Opportunity to progress onto four year MSci programme
King's College London
Three years (or four years with optional extramural year or converson to MSci Integrative Pharmacology & Physiology for Research)
Year of entry 2014