Study a degree in philosophy and Spanish in the heart of London. Particular teaching strengths are in philosophy of mind, philosophy of science and ancient philosophy. The Department of Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies is active in all fields of Hispanic language, literature and cultural history.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- One of the largest and most distinguished philosophy departments in the country.
- The Department is ranked in the top six nationally for world-leading and internationally excellent research (Research Assessment Exercise 2008).
- In the most recent NSS, 95% were satisfied with the quality of the teaching on their course, and 98% of our students reported that they find their course intellectually stimulating. Our scores for feedback, provision of learning resources and personal development were also consistently above the sector average (source: National Student Survey 2012)
- King's offers an exceptionally wide range of optional courses, covering all areas of the history of philosophy and contemporary philosophy.
- Our emphasis on small-group teaching ensures students acquire and hone the skills of critical thinking.
- One of the country's most highly rated Spanish departments for teaching and research.
- The programme is taught by staff who are experts in their field.
- Our central location offers easy access to a wide range of institutes and centres that promote Hispanic culture.
- The opportunity to study abroad for a year offers students the chance to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- Lively department social life through the student-run Hispanic Society.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014