Our Department of Philosophy in the heart of London has particular strengths in philosophy of mind, philosophy of science and ancient philosophy. Our degree offers an extremely wide range of modules, including Indian Philosophy and Philosophy in the Islamic World, available at few other UK universities.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- One of the largest and most distinguished philosophy departments in the country.
- The Department is ranked in the top six nationally for world-leading and internationally excellent research (Research Assessment Exercise 2008).
- In the most recent NSS, 95% were satisfied with the quality of the teaching on their course, and 98% of our students reported that they find their course intellectually stimulating. Our scores for feedback, provision of learning resources and personal development were also consistently above the sector average (source: National Student Survey 2012).
- King's offers an exceptionally wide range of optional courses, covering all areas of the history of philosophy and contemporary philosophy.
- Our emphasis on small-group teaching ensures students acquire and hone the skills of critical thinking.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014