An interesting degree programme taking in physics and philosophy based in the heart of London. King's has links with universities in Europe and the USA allowing you to gain experience of a different culture and ways of teaching and thinking. These skills may well give you an added advantage when job-hunting.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
• Award winning – four members of staff in the department have been awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics.
• Internationally-renowned academic staff in the fields of cosmology, nanotechnology, and the interface between physics and biology.
• Friendly and supportive learning environment.
• Central location gives easy access to major libraries and many leading societies, including the Institute of Physics.
• Opportunities to enhance career prospects through international exchanges.
• One of the largest and most distinguished philosophy departments in the country.
• Ranked in the top six nationally for world-leading and internationally excellent research (Research Assessment Exercise 2008).
• King's offers an exceptionally wide range of optional courses, covering all areas of the history of philosophy and contemporary philosophy.
• Emphasis on small-group teaching ensures students acquire and hone the skills of critical thinking.
• Students are able to draw on the resources of other University of London philosophy departments.
King's College London
Recognised by the Institute of Physics
Year of entry 2014