A major/minor honours language degree and whilst the course is based in London, your year abroad is in a Portuguese-speaking country. Our compulsory language modules cater for all levels. If you have not studied Portuguese before, you take an additional intensive language module in Portugal prior to the seocnd year.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
Portuguese & Brazilian Studies
- Programme taught by world-class lecturers in a friendly environment.
- Wide range of modules is unique in the UK.
- King’s library contains the most complete collection of material on Portugal, Brazil and Portuguese-speaking Africa available in any UK university.
- Central location offers students the opportunity to make use of the library of the Luso-Brazilian Council.
- Opportunity to study abroad for a year offers students the chance to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- One of the oldest English departments in the country, with an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research.
- Personal attention given to each student, creating a vibrant intellectual atmosphere and a network of support.
- Offers a wide range of modules, and diverse approaches.
- Central location offers access to Shakespeare’s Globe, and countless other sites and buildings with literary associations.
- Graduates develop transferable analytical and communications skills making them highly desirable to employers across a range of sectors.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014