• The leading department in the UK and one of very few in the world devoted exclusively to the multidisciplinary study of war as a phenomenon, providing a forum in which students can study all aspects of the impact of war on society.
• Students are taught by leading experts who bring with them not only a wealth of knowledge and ideas but an extensive and continually growing network of links with influential external organisations.
• The department hosts a number of lectures throughout the year featuring high-profile guest speakers.
• Central location gives easy access to major libraries and links to the seat of government, the Imperial War Museum and the National Maritime Museum.
• Graduates pursue careers in a range of fields including government, academia, journalism, banking, policy development, and humanitarian organisations.
• One of the best history departments in the world, ranked 2nd in the UK byThe Sunday Times newspaper (2011).
• Excellent graduate prospects, amongst the top five in the country (Times Good University Guide, 2010).
• Graduates get top jobs in a wide range of sectors, including law, business, government, heritage, finance and teaching.
• A wider range of periods and places than most history degrees, from medieval Europe to modern India.
• Students are taught in a friendly and supportive environment by expert historians.
• The central London location offers students easy access to world-class museums, collections and libraries.
Follow King's history on facebook.