The Department offers two related undergraduate programmes: the BA (Hons) in International Politics and the BA/BSc in Politics of the International Economy. The modules students take on both degrees will be assessed through a range of techniques including examinations, coursework and tutorial participation.
In year 1, students take 1 core and 4 compulsory modules.
YEAR 1 CORE
- Studying Politics (Core)
- World Politics since 1945 (Compulsory)
- Comparing Political Systems (Compulsory)
- Introduction to Political Theory (Compulsory)
- Reading Politics (Compulsory)
In year 2, students take a combination of core and optional modules.
YEAR 2 CORE
- Political Economy: Concepts and Issues
- Research Methods for Political Science
YEAR 2 OPTIONS
- Modern Political Thought
- Political Change in Europe
- The International Politics of Energy
- The Politics of Foreign Policy
- Political Theory of Capitalism
- Ethics, Economics & Environmental Protection
- Individual Research Project
In year 3, students combine their core Dissertation module with a selection of optional modules.
YEAR 3 CORE
YEAR 3 OPTIONS
- Advanced Research Methods for Politics
- Political Economy: Advanced Analysis
- Religion and Politics
- Commerce, Liberty & Virtue
- Game Theory & Strategic Decision Making
- Varieties of Capitalism
- Democracy & Development
King's College London
Three years FT, six years PT
Year of entry 2014