You will study the following core and optional modules. We review our modules on a regular basis, in order to continue to offer innovative and exciting programmes, so this list may change.
Students study the modules below.
YEAR 1 CORE
- Introduction to Old Testament/Hebrew Bible
- New Testament: Gospel & Letters
- Systematic Theology: Nature & Method
- Turning Points: Christianity in England since 1500
YEAR 1 OPTIONS
Chosen from the Department's year one / level 4 modules. Students are encouraged to take at least one Biblical language. In Yr 1, this is:
- Introductory New Testament Greek with Texts
You will take four modules from the selection of required modules, with your remaining choices coming from the wide range of option modules offered by the Department.
YEAR 2 CORE
- Ritual in the Old Testament OR Theological Themes of the Old Testament.
- Paul in Context OR The World of Jesus OR New Testament Greek and Exegesis
- An Introduction to the Doctrine of the Person of Christ OR The Trinity in Recent Theology OR ‘What is Christianity?’ Patristic Perspectives
- Religion, Culture & Society in Reformation Europe OR Between Revolutions: British Christianity 1689-1860.
YEAR 2 OPTIONS
Chosen from the Department's year two / level 5 modules.
Students are encouraged to take at least one Biblical language. In Yr 2, these are:
- Introduction to Biblical Hebrew or
- Intermediate Greek with Texts.
At least four of the following modules:
YEAR 3 CORE
- Varieties of Religious Experience: Christianity in Britain 1850-1970
- The English Reformation
- Exploring New Testament Theology
- Hebrew Texts
- Principles of Systematic Theology
- Law & Ethics in the Hebrew Bible
- Women in the Hebrew Bible
- Introduction to the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Contemporary Philosophy & Theology.
YEAR 3 OPTIONS
Chosen from the Department's year three modules.
You also have the opportunity to write a dissertation on a topic of your choice.
King's College London
Three years/six years
Year of entry 2014