The purpose of The Corbett Centre is to develop and promote the understanding and analysis of maritime policy and strategy through the interaction of policy-makers, practitioners, academics, industry and commerce:
- to enhance the national and international visibility of maritime affairs
- to develop links among academics and academic departments, as well as policy-makers and other individuals and institutions with an interest in this subject area
- to foster policy-relevant research, both individual and collaborative projects
- to provide a forum for policy debate and analysis
- to support and develop research-driven education.
Its aim is to provide a focus for all interested parties, stimulate debate and disseminate the outcome through publications and public comment. The Corbett Centre draws on the expertise and wider networks of the Defence Studies Department of King’s College London, based at the Joint Services Command and Staff College
at the Defence Academy of the UK.
Corbett Centre Associate Members have a closer relationship with the Corbett Centre and, once registered, are automatically kept informed of the Centre's activities and plans. In the future we hope to run a series of managed Threads and Conversations on maritime topics, to which Associate Members will have access. To apply for Associate Member Status, please click on the Application Form for Associate Member Status
Formally Affiliated Organisations
The Greenwich Forum
National Centre for Maritime Policy Research (Pakistan)
Korea Institute for Maritime Strategy (KIMS)
Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS)
US Naval War College
Ashgate Publishing - First World War Centenary