Student Experience Officer
Room K6.06 | Department of War Studies
School of Security Studies | King’s College London
Strand | London | WC2R 2LS
Tel :0207 848 0189
Daniella joined King’s College London in March 2017 as Student Experience Officer in the Departmeent of War Studies. Before joining King’s she worked at City University Students Union as a Advice & Welfare Coordinator. This involved managing an advice service and supervising volunteers. Daniella has also worked as a Student Advisor providing academic advice and guidance to students. Over the past four years she has developed a passion for improving the student experience and has a special interest in welfare.
Daniella has a BA (Hons) in English with Creative Writing from Brunel University. She also has an interest in Pre-War Fiction and Black History.
Daniella’s role is to ensure that students have a positive experience whilst studying within the department. This includes supporting programme reps with raising course based issues and working with student societies to ensure they meet their objectives. Daniella is also responsible for student communications which includes making sure important content is accessible and finding innovative ways to engage students in the departmental decision making process.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Creating a weekly newsletter for undergraduate and postgraduate students informing them of extra-curricular activities. This includes promoting events and student opportunities
- Creating and managing student content on the department website to ensure that information is current, relevant and student friendly
- Departmental lead on student surveys such as the NSS &PTES
- Managing student social media groups on Facebook
- Building relationships with student reps and student societies and supporting their activities
- Supporting departmental outreach activities such as recruitment and taster days, school talks and visits, work experience and summer schools
- Supporting departmental work on diversity & inclusion