Project Alpha Research Associate, Sanctions and Illicit Trade
Location: K6.59, Strand Campus, London
Ms. Dzero is a Sanctions and Illicit Trade Associate, with a focus on Russian sanctions regimes, procurement and illicit trade. Prior to this she worked as a private sector consultant on Russian anti-money laundering, sanctions compliance and geopolitical risk issues. Ms. Dzero has a background in government, and prior to 2016 worked as a Senior Analyst in the public sector. She has worked in support of the ISAF/NATO mission to Afghanistan, military-civilian engagement, and international security matters. Her forthcoming publications for Project Alpha include a baseline study of Russia' strategic industries, including CBRN and defence capabilities. Other professional focus areas include bio-technological proliferation, illicit financial flows and Russian nuclear policy.
Ms. Dzero holds a BA with First Class Honours from the University of Sydney, and graduated with Distinction from the London School of Economics and Political Science with a Masters of International Relations. She has also completed Red Team Analysis training with the University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies (Department of U.S Army) and is a fluent Russian speaker.
- Base-line study of Russia's Strategic Industries (SI), including CBRN, Defence and Technology
- In-depth study of Russian procurement practices, export controls and non-proliferation compliance
- Analysis of sanctions landscape, the impact of sanctions upon Russian SI
- Scoping on project re: illicit arms trade in Ukraine/Russia
- The impact of the US on Russia-Iran relations and nuclear non-proliferation
- Future of EU and UK cooperation on Russian sanctions