Dr Mary Baginsky
Senior Research Fellow
Dr Mary Baginsky joined the Social Care Workforce Research Unit as a Visiting Senior Research Fellow in September 2013. Mary has held positions in academic, public, voluntary and independent and private sectors. She has worked in and with government departments and agencies in the United Kingdom and overseas, local authorities and partnerships, higher education institutions, charities and service providers.
Most recently Dr Baginsky was:
- Professional Adviser on Research and Evaluation at Department for Education
- Assistant Director at Children’s Workforce Development Council
- Head of Research at Children’s Workforce Development Council
- Senior Consultant at GHK Consulting
- Senior Research Officer at NSPCC
During this time she was also seconded to:
- Department for Education and Skills to conduct the evaluation of the role of Investigation and Referral Support Consultants
- Social Science Research Unit, Institute of Education, University of London to work on strategic options
- Department for Children, Schools and Families to support the work of the Social Work Task Force
Dr Baginsky is also a 2013 Churchill Fellow examining approaches to social work training in USA, Canada and Europe.