Transforming digital education
King’s has a vision to transform digital education by 2021. This vision is supported by the Transformation in Digital Learning Strategy and will be delivered in partnership between the Centre for Technology Enhanced Learning (CTEL), faculty TEL leads, Students and Education Directorate, King’s learning Institute and the wider academic community. View a diagram of core themes, tactics and measures for the Digital Learning Strategy.
Aims of the programme
The aim of this transformation project is to deliver a consistent college-wide staff and student facing improvements to the King’s educational experience, via a Student Portal and a suite of tools, whilst ensuring the pedagogical support needed to transform teaching delivery. Students and academic staff will be provided with a world-leading digital experience that supports excellence in education from a world-class university.
Priority work streams
Five priority work streams/strategies have been identified to deliver this vision.
- Understanding - Collecting, researching and evaluating pedagogic and process needs for TEL
- Using - Promoting digital education through improved TEL training for staff and students
- Creating - Driving TEL best practice for pedagogy, process and content creation in-house and externally
- Leading - Creating new standardised and formalised governance structures feeding into relevant committees
- Developing - Horizon scanning, pedagogic innovation and software/hardware developments
For more information contact CTEL.