The Graduate School is pleased to announce that it will be offering eight scholarships for international students who plan to undertake a postgraduate research degree (MPhil/PhD) at King's College London commencing in the 2017-18 academic year.
King's International PGR Scholarships
- Be due to commence an MPhil/PhD research degree programme in any Faculty at King’s College London during the 2017/18 academic year
- Be classified as Overseas fees status
- Have submitted all the required application materials by the funding deadline (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’ section below)
- Students who will pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate are not eligible
- Existing research degree students are not eligible to apply
- The scholarship cannot be held on a part-time basis
- Professional doctorate degrees are not eligible
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible
- The scholarship cannot commence prior to September/October 2017
Applications will be invited from November 2016 and will close on 15 January 2017 at 23:59 GMT sharp
Please follow the instructions below.
Applicants who fail to apply as instructed below will not be eligible for consideration.
1) Apply to King’s College London for a research degree programme using the online admissions application (https://apply.kcl.ac.uk/)*
2) Ensure to tick the box and enter the code 1718-PGR-INT at item 5 (Award Scheme Code or Name) on the funding part of the KCL Application Form
* PLEASE NOTE: students who have already applied for admissions, and those who previously applied but deferred entry to 2017/18, will be required to update their application for 2016/17 with the code 1718-PGR-INT by the same deadline of 15 January 2017, 23:59 GMT.
PLEASE BE AWARE that material from your admissions application will be extracted and used as part of the assessment/selection process, therefore it is our expectation that your admissions application will be complete with supporting references and transcripts by the application deadline of 15th January 2017. It is your responsibility to ensure that this information is provided in time.
Once the application deadline has passed, the Admissions Office and the Postgraduate & Graduate School Support (PGSS) Office will gather and record the details of all the applications received that state 1718-PGR-INT as the Award Scheme Code.
The Admissions Office and the PGSS Office will check the eligibility of all applicants, and all applications that are deemed eligible will be circulated to faculties for assessment. Final decisions will be conducted by central King’s Graduate School selection panels.
Assessment of applications will be based on:
i) Evidence and strength of academic qualifications gained and, where applicable, professional qualifications and/or relevant experience;
ii) Strength of the research proposal;
iii) Match of the applicant’s interests with his/her potential supervisors.
For full details about these scholarship opportunities please click on the link here to access the guidance document
Postgraduate & Graduate School Support Team
Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 4568/3389/4147