Each scholarship will cover a scholar's full tuition fees at King's College London, offer an annual stipend and a limited research grant.
Applications will be invited from November 2016 and will close on 31 March 2017 at 16:00 GMT sharp.
Please follow the instructions below.
Applicants who fail to apply as instructed below will not be eligible for consideration.
INSTRUCTIONS: you MUST:
1) First, apply to King’s College London for a joint PhD programme run in collaboration with the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil using the online admissions application (https://apply.kcl.ac.uk/)*
2) Submit the online Joint PhD scholarship application form to the Graduate School by the funding deadline of 16:00 GMT, 31 March 2017. Note that this should only be done after you have submitted a complete admissions application, including all necessary supporting documentation such as transcripts, references and English test results (if applicable). The online application form can be accessed at the link here
*PLEASE NOTE: students who have already applied for admissions, and those who previously applied but deferred entry to 2017/18, will NOT be required to submit an admissions application again.
Once the application deadline has passed, the Postgraduate & Graduate School Support (PGSS) office will gather and record the details of all the applications received. Further information and documentation will be extracted from the university’s admissions records/student records, as necessary.
The PGSS office will check the eligibility of all applicants, and all applications that are deemed eligible will be circulated to faculties for assessment. Final decisions will be conducted by a central King’s Graduate School selection panel.
Assessment of applications will be based on:
- Evidence and strength of academic qualifications gained and, where applicable, professional qualifications and/or relevant experience;
- Strength of the research proposal;
- Match of the applicant’s interests with his/her potential supervisors.