Professor Anthony Guest PhD Scholarship 2017
The Dickson Poon School of Law, King’s College London, seeks applications for one PhD Scholarship.
The Scholarship is open to suitably qualified candidates from all nationalities. The successful candidates will enrol to undertake research leading to the PhD degree in September 2017 and will be part of a vibrant scholarly community.
The scholarship is worth £20,000 (Home/EU/International) per annum for three years (total worth £60,000) and is intended to help towards the cost of your tuition fees for the year, as well as living costs whilst you are studying.
The research studentships are tenable for up to a period of three years and the annual level of support may be broken down as follows:
| || Home / EU|| International|
| Tuition Fees
|| £6,800 pa
|| £17,850 pa (2017-18)
| Living Costs
|| £13,200 pa
|| £2,150 pa
Payments will be made on a monthly basis into a UK bank account.
Am I eligible to apply?
Applications are invited from eligible students who meet the following criteria:
- Home, EU and international candidates
- Due to commence a full-time research degree programme in Law during 2017-18 within The Dickson Poon School of Law. Please note that:
i) Existing research degree students are not eligible to apply;
ii) These scholarships cannot be held on a part time basis.
How do I apply?
The form can be downloaded here.
Guidance Notes are here.
Applicants must complete and submit the following documentation, as required, by Monday 27th February 2017 at 17.00 GMT. Note that the deadline is absolute. Materials received after this specified time and date will not be accepted and the applicant will be considered ineligible.
- Admissions Application - Applicants must complete and submit an online admissions application, via the admissions portal https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/, by Monday 27th February 2017 at 17.00 GMT. This must include the following:
- Academic References – all admissions applications require two supporting references. If the applicant is relying on their referees to submit references directly to the College after they have submitted their admissions application, then the applicant must ensure that their chosen referees are made aware of the funding deadline. We will allow an additional 2 weeks after Monday 27th February 2017 at 17.00 GMT for referees to submit their references as part of the admissions application. At least one reference should be an academic reference. It is recommended that the academic reference(s) should be from an academic who is able to comment on the applicant’s academic ability and potential, e.g. from a previous undergraduate tutor or postgraduate taught (masters) tutor.
- Academic Transcripts – where applicable, academic transcripts must be submitted with the online admissions application. We will allow an additional 2 weeks after the funding deadline for supporting transcripts to be provided.
- The Dickson Poon School of Law Postgraduate Research Student Scholarship Application form for 2016 entry must be submitted directly to The Dickson Poon School of Law at: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating reference: ‘Professor Anthony Guest PhD Scholarship 2017/18- [YOUR NAME]’, in subject field of email. The template form is downloadable here.
BOTH APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED BY Monday 27th February 2017 at 17.00 GMT DEADLINE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR FUNDING
Candidates may be interviewed by the panel either in person or by Skype.
Where can I get further information?
Any queries relating to the admissions application process should be directed to the admissions team at King’s College London:
Queries relating to the scholarship scheme should be directed to:
The College has tried to give students an early opportunity to begin their research of student funding. Although every effort has been made to ensure that information provided is both helpful to prospective candidates and accurate at the time of its publication, it is possible that some information may be outdated or superseded before the start of the 2017-18 academic year.