King’s is pleased to be able to offer a $2,000 (USD) scholarship to students from University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill who are applying to study via the King’s Partnership Pathway on a full-time postgraduate master’s programme at King’s College London in 2017/18.
This scholarship will be awarded based on academic excellence, achievement and potential.
Check you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for this funding below.
Check you meet the eligibility criteria
- Be a student of the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill and be applying for a course via the King's Partnership Pathway;
· Be due to start a full-time postgraduate master’s programme at King’s College London in the 2017/18 academic year;
· Complete and submit the required application documentation by the stated funding deadline;
· Fulfil the relevant entry requirements set by King’s College London.
Please note that:
- This award offers a one-off payment only;
- These studentships cannot be held on a part-time basis;
- As the award provides partial funding only, you must be able to confirm that you have the means to support any outstanding fees/costs not covered by this scheme, i.e. through other funding awards or self-funding;
- If successful you will be required to submit a thank you letter to the donor for their generosity.
Please note: Where eligible, you can be considered for more than one type of scholarship scheme, and if successful, you may be permitted to hold more than one type of award, as long as the funds are not seen to be overlapping.
*Check your eligibility carefully before applying*
Applications will be invited from 07 March 2017 and will close on 30 June 2017 at 17:00 GMT sharp.
To be considered for the award, you must, by the application deadline:
1) Have applied for a place at King's College London via the King's Partnership Pathway by 1st June 2017
Your admissions applications must be complete in order for your funding application to be considered for funding. For an admissions application to be deemed complete it must contain all the relevant supporting documentation, such as references, transcripts, and English language scores. It is your responsibility to ensure that all supporting materials for the King's Partnership Pathway are submitted to King’s by 01 June 2017, 17:00GMT. *
2) Submit a Friends of KCL Scholarship Application form. Note that this online funding application form should only be completed once an admissions application has been submitted to King’s.
As part of the Graduate School PGT online funding form, you will be asked to provide:
- Personal details i.e. name, admissions ID/reference number, date of birth and email address
- Previous qualifications
- Details about the postgraduate taught (PGT) programme
- A personal statement
- Confirmation that you are seeking / have secured funds to cover any remaining fees/costs not covered by the Graduate School awards
Verification of eligibility will be conducted by the Postgraduate & Graduate School Support team once the application deadline has passed.
Once the application deadline has passed, the Postgraduate & Graduate School Support team (PGSS) will check your eligibility and (if eligible) a central panel will be asked to consider your application.
Your application will be judged against the following criteria:
- Academic merit / degree qualifications;
- Professional qualifications achieved, where relevant;
- Strength of personal statement;
- Your future plans, and what you plan to do with the postgraduate taught degree;
- Confirmation of other funds sought/secured, whether from other scholarships or family/self-funds. Note that preference may be given to you if you have already secured some ‘partial’ funding from alternative sources towards the cost of the postgraduate taught degree programme;
- Preference may be given to you if you have not previously undertaken a postgraduate degree programme.
Announcement of results
All results will be announced via email in the first instance.
If you are deemed ineligible you will be informed within three weeks from the Scholarship application deadline.
If you are deemed eligible for the scholarship you will be informed about the outcome of your application towards mid/end of July 2017.
If you are selected for the award you will be asked to provide a decision on acceptance/decline by a given deadline. If you fail to respond by the given deadline or decline the offer, your award will automatically be transferred to a reserve candidate who is next in-line for the award.
If you accept the award you will be asked to provide a letter of thanks to the donor for their generosity. Details about this will be provided in the award offer.
No further allocation or reallocation of awards should occur beyond the end of July 2017.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions