Fees and funding
- Full time UK fees: £9,450 p.a. (2017/18)*
- Full time overseas fees: £18,420 p.a. (2017/18)*
- Part time UK fees: £4,725 p.a. (2017/18)*
- Part time overseas fees: £9,210 p.a. (2017/18)*
Please note: Current regulations allow some students to pay UK tuition fees on the basis of their EU citizenship or residency. Until these eligibility criteria are changed, the EU tuition fee will remain the same as the UK tuition fee.
*These tuition fees may be subject to additional increases in subsequent years of study, in line with King’s terms and conditions.
When you receive an offer for this course you will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit to secure your place. The deposit will be credited towards your total fee payment.
The UK/EU deposit is £500.
The INTERNATIONAL deposit is £2,000.
- If you receive an offer on or before 31st March 2017, payment is due by 30th April 2017.
- If you receive an offer between 1st April 2017 and 30th June 2017, payment is due within one month of receiving the offer.
- If you receive an offer between 1st July 2017 and 31st July 2017, payment is due within two weeks of receiving the offer.
- If you receive an offer on or after 1st August 2017, payment is due within one week of receiving the offer.
If you are a current King’s student in receipt of the King's Living Bursary you are not required to pay a deposit to secure your place on the programme. Please note, this will not change the total fees payable for your chosen programme.
In addition to your tuition fees, you can also expect to pay for:
- Books if you choose to buy your own copies
- Clothing for optional course related events and competitions
- Library fees and fines
- Personal photocopies
- Printing course handouts
- Society membership fees
- Graduation costs
- Travel costs for travel around London and between campuses
- Some optional modules include the option to undertake other short day-trip fieldwork. These fieldwork options will enhance the modules, but they are not assessed as part of the module. The additional costs for short day-trip fieldwork would typically not exceed £50 per year.
- Costs may be incurred for dissertation work if fieldwork and/or laboratory materials are needed for the chosen study topic, but such work is not mandatory and would not impact academic success if an alternative approach to dissertation research is taken.
Please visit our web pages on fees and funding for more information.