Liberal Arts Scholarship The School of Arts and Humanities will be offering up to five Liberal Arts Scholarships of £15,000 each (£5,000 per annum) to those successfully applying for entry into the BA Liberal Arts in September 2012.
What is the Liberal Arts Scholarship?
This undergraduate scholarship scheme is being launched in 2012 for students undertaking the new BA Liberal Arts at King’s College London.
The School of Arts & Humanities will be offering up to five Liberal Arts Scholarships of £15,000 each (£5,000 per annum) to those successfully applying for entry into the BA Liberal Arts in September 2012.
The scholarships are designed to offer assistance to outstanding candidates who are in need of extra financial support to undertake the degree.
Scholarships will therefore be awarded on the basis of:
- the strength of candidate's application, particularly your academic achievements and
- the applicant’s financial assessment.
Scholarships are worth £15,000 each, payable over 3 years. This means that you will receive £5,000 in each of your three years of study (repeat years or breaks in study will not be funded), and will be dependent upon continued satisfactory academic progress and attendance.
Am I eligible to apply?
Applications are open to both UK, EU and international applicants.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- you should be undertaking your first degree;
- you should be applying for the BA Liberal Arts undergraduate programme 2012 entry;
- you should have a household income of £42,600 or less (or international equivalent);
- if you are a Home/EU student, you should have applied for your maximum entitlement to UK government help with tuition fees and loans/grants for living costs support;
- if you are a Home student, you must have given Student Finance England ‘consent’ to share your financial information with the College;
- if you are an International student, you should demonstrate that you have applied for your maximum entitlement to help with tuition fees and living costs support from you home government.
How do I apply?
Please click here for an application form.
Applications will be open from January 2012, with a deadline of 31 January 2012.
Candidates should complete the form and provide details/evidence of their family income as requested. Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are encouraged to apply alongside making your UCAS application. If we make you an offer, we will include your scholarship application in the competition. We will inform candidates of the results of the competition by the end of March 2012.
Where can I get further information?
To find out more about the Scholarship scheme, please contact the Student Funding Office.
The College has tried to give students an early opportunity to begin their research of student funding. Although every effort has been made to ensure that information provided is both helpful to prospective candidates and accurate at the time of its publication, it is possible that some information may be outdated or superseded before the start of the 2012-13 academic year.