Opportunities to get involved
Across King’s College London, arts and culture offer distinctive opportunities to students and academics, helping to deliver world-class education and research that drives innovation, creates impact and engages beyond the university.
Over recent years, King’s has developed symbiotic partnerships with artists and cultural organisations that enhance the King’s experience and, at the same time, add value and deliver benefits across the cultural sector. From uniquely tailored teaching, training and internship programmes, through collaborative research projects and enquiries, to exhibitions and public events, arts and culture are helping to generate new approaches, new insights and new networks. See the sections below for information on how we work with academics, students, early career researchers, artists and cultural organisations.
For academics, artists and cultural organisations
We support leading-edge collaborations between King’s and the arts and cultural sector by:
- Identifying and bringing together appropriate partners for new projects and programmes through networking events, meetings and seminars
- Offering guidance, advice and practical support to develop partnerships
- Brokering, implementing and managing collaborative projects
- Supporting the development of collaborative academic programmes & modules and learning & teaching initiatives
- Supporting the development of collaborative research programmes and providing guidance and advice on funding applications
- Supporting the development of innovative collaborative projects which test and trial new ideas in the cultural sector
We also offer:
- Space for delivering collaborative events – rehearsals, talks, performances – subject to availability
- Seed-funding for pilot projects which align with our strategic programmes (see below)
If you are a King’s academic, an artist or a cultural organisation interested in working with us then we would love to hear from you.
Find out more about our aims and criteria for collaboration relating to our current strategic themes, programmes and initiatives, and then submit an expression of interest.
For general inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The King's Cultural Challenge is a chance for all students to win paid internships at prominent cultural organisations in London. The King's Cultural Experience Award supports and enables students to explore their own cultural London. Students can also get involved with culture at the university in other ways: as Gallery Assistants and Ambassadors for exhibitions and events; by offering creative input to specific projects; enjoying discounted tickets to events; by applying for internships in the cultural sector; by consulting with us on research proposals that involve cultural partners.
See our 'For Students' pages for more information about these projects and more.
Register for Direct Temping to find out about our casual employment opportunities as and when they arise.
Buy discounted tickets for cinema screenings from the National Theatre Live. Check our What's On page for upcoming screenings.
Discover the collaborative Masters Degrees we continue to develop with cultural organisations and academic departments from across King’s.
For doctoral students and Early Career Researchers
For general enquiries please contact email@example.com.