We are now working to introduce additional health and safety measures for the start of term.
These will vary by building, but will include the introduction of:
- hand hygiene facilities at entrances
- one-way systems and circulation spaces
- protective screens at all reception areas
- clear health and safety signage
- increased cleaning regimes for all shared spaces and equipment
- reduced capacities and reconfigured layouts in communal areas
If you’re travelling from abroad and need to quarantine upon arrival, you may be able to do so at your residence, depending on where you’re coming from. Make sure to check all the latest UK Government guidance on red, amber and green countries before travelling.
If you're travelling from an amber country, and in accordance with UK government guidance you are permitted to quarantine at your residence, you can arrive on site from 13th September by adding an Early Arrival week to your booking. This will allow you to complete the quarantine period before the start of the academic year. In exceptional circumstances, you may be able to arrive earlier by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Quarantine and Self-Isolating
If you need to quarantine or self-isolate it means that you must stay in your room and only interact with others online or by phone, even those in your flat (household).
We know this will be hard but it is really important to protect the other people you are living with and those in the community.
- You need to stay in your room for the quarantine/self-isolation period.
- You cannot go to the shops or go outside, even for exercise.
- You will need to order food and groceries online which the residences team will bring to your door.
- You are able to use the kitchen during this period but you must be alone in the kitchen, wear a face covering, sanitise the work areas before and after use, do not share utensils, cutlery or crockery, and take food back to your room to eat.
- The residences team will check in with you regularly either online or by phone.
You will still be able to take part in online teaching, activities and access our services whilst you are quarantining/self-isolating.
All students in a King's residence who need to quarantine will be provided with the appropriate support such as assistance with food provision and deliveries brought to flats.
Our Welfare support and Community facilitators will be available online to assist and you will still be able to access our online teaching and services.
Before you arrive in September, you will be invited to join our online community. This will give you the chance to virtually meet some of your new neighbours and flatmates, and to ask any questions you may have.
Updates for September will be posted here so make sure you keep checking this page.
We take the health and wellbeing of our students and staff seriously, repeated non-compliance with the safety guidance or serious allegations relating to health and safety in King's Residences and on our campuses will be treated as misconduct.
We want you to enjoy living in our Residences and in London. By following this guidance, hand-in-hand with the measures such as wearing a face covering unless exempt, keeping a 2m safe distance, washing your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and other measures, you’ll be protecting your health and doing your part to protect others.