King’s College London
King’s College London Strand Campus benefits from superb transport connections to London’s tube network, and can be reached from London’s five airports (Heathrow, Luton, Stansted, City and Gatwick) in less than an hour. It is within a few minutes’ walk of major national rail stations Euston and King’s Cross, and the International Eurostar terminus at St Pancras.
Click here for information on:
- I. International Travel
- II. Local Travel
- III. London Travel Apps
We would like to ask participants (other than invited speakers) to arrange their own accommodation. Here are several options near King's, in roughly decreasing order of price.
- Strand Palace Hotel (4-star hotel very close to King's, but likely to have limited availability.)
- Goodenough Club (4-star accommodation in Georgian townhouses, about a 25 minute walk from King's, also limited availability, but may also have visitor accommodation in student rooms at Goodenough College.)
- The Crescent Hotel (Georgian hotel, near Russell square, about a 20 minute walk or direct bus from King's.)
- Bedford Hotel (Also near Russell Square, part of the Imperial Group of hotels.)
- Stamford Street Apartments (En suite accommodation in student residences on the South Bank, just across the River Thames.)
A further list of hotels close to King's (including the ones above).
What to do
Here is a selection of guides that may be useful to you when planning your stay in London.
London Official City Guide App. This app helps you make the most of your time in London while on the move. Features include offline maps, weather, restaurant and bar recommendations, guides, and travel information, all without roaming charges.
Timeout London. The ultimate guide to things to do in London. All the events, festivals and activities happening in London.
Emergency Service Information
This conference is supported by the Arts and Humanities Research Institute, Centre for Life-Writing Research and Ego Media Project.
Please direct any enquiries to email@example.com