Show/hide main menu


Frequently Asked Questions

Enrolment and Starting the Academic Year

I am a new student how do I enrol / register?

Please visit the Welcome to King’s pages

I am a returning student, do I need to register?

During August/September you will be invited to re-enrol online. You will be emailed by Registry Services giving instructions on how to complete this process.

If you have not received an email regarding re-enrolment please log in to Student Records and see if the re-enrolment task is visible and available for you to complete.

If not, please contact Registry Services (internal content only).

NB: If you are a returning student, you do not need to attend campus registration.

What systems do I need to have access to?

Register IT account

You will need to register your IT account to get access to student computing PCs, King’s email service, KEATS and access the intranet. You can find out more about this on the New to King’s website

Once you have registered your IT account you will be able to access your email from the intranet here  (internal content only).

If your IT account username and password doesn’t work you should contact the IT Service desk.


The College E-Learning Service (KEATS) is the virtual learning environment for the delivery of teaching material throughout King's College London. You can find out how to access and use the system on the College E-learning Service webpages.

Log in to KEATS 

Student Records

Student Records is an online system that allows students to manage their personal information at King’s. You can also view your module registrations, module results and find out who your personal tutor is. You will also find your personalised exam timetable on Student Records.

Log in to Student Records

Research profiles for PGR students

Postgraduate Research students are encouraged to update their profile pages on the College’s research website the Research Portal. Information on how to access the system is available on this page

Where is my timetable?

Returning students can access their timetable by logging in to their Student Records account.

New students: your personal timetable will be available from the Monday of the first week of teaching.

General department timetables are available on the timetables page in your Handbook.

If you have any specific enquiries then please contact your department.

What are the key dates I should know about?

The dates of academic terms and reading weeks are available to view on the term dates page.

Exam timetable publication dates (and timetables in due course) are available on the College intranet pages here  (internal content only).

A personal exam timetable showing the exams you are registered to take will also be available on your Student Record. There is further information on the Examination Periods and Examination Publications pages.

There is more information on important dates including graduation ceremonies on the College’s intranet pages here  (internal content only)

How do I find my way around?

Maps, travel directions and addresses for buildings are available on the King’s website.

Key Contacts

Where are you and how do I contact you?

The Department Office is your first point of call for queries, please email You can find our address, contact details and office hours on our website.

For specific queries please look at the Who’s who page.

Office hours for academic staff in the Department can be found on this page. You can find out more information about staff in the Department on the Academic staff pages of the website.

Who is my personal tutor?

You can find the contact details for your personal tutor on your Student Record. Please see the page on personal tutors for more information as well as the Faculty Guidelines on you and your personal tutor in the Faculty Handbook.


How do I choose my modules or make changes to my modules?

All first year UG, all first year PGT and second year part-time PGT students will be emailed before teaching for the academic year begins and asked to submit their module preferences before the end of Induction Week (exact deadline varies by department). 

Second and third year UG students will be asked to submit their module preferences during semester two of the preceding academic year. This allows your timetable to be constructed around the modules you choose. Email instructions will be sent out during the early part of semester two. 

More information is available on the changing modules page.

Exams and Assessments

Where can I find information about my exams and assessments?

Please see the Assessment Information section of the handbook for more information.

Information about examinations is also available on the Examinations & Awards Office website. 

How do I request an extension or apply for mitigating circumstances?

We know that sometimes things happen that mean you need to request an extension for coursework, or you can't attend an exam. You can find out what to do in these situations on the department handbook.

Change of Circumstances

How do I change my registration status? (Interrupt / withdraw / transfer etc)

Occasionally situations arise that are outside your control and may adversely impact your ability to engage with your studies, ie ill health, financial difficulties and other personal reasons. On these occasions it is often necessary for you to make a change to your registration status.

There are various changes that you can make including: Interruption of study, Permanent withdrawal from College, Transfer of mode of attendance or Transfer of programme of study.

For further information please see the Registry Services pages: (internal content only)

Student Voice

What is the role of a student representative and how do I become one?

The primary role of student representatives is to proactively gather feedback and raise concerns from the student body, either at programme, departmental or School level and to attend Student-Staff Liaison Committees (SSLCs) and other Faculty and departmental meetings to provide feedback to staff on the student experience and views. You can find out more about becoming a rep and who the current student reps for the academic year are on our student representatives page.

Will I be able to provide feedback on modules?

At the end of semesters one and two, students are asked to complete Module Evaluations giving feedback on all aspects of the quality of teaching that they feel they have experienced and the content of the module itself.  For more information on what departments do with this feedback, as well as links to the evaluation forms, see the module and teaching evaluation page of the handbook. 


We want to improve your Student Handbook and we want to help you find the answers you need. If you can’t find the answer to your question or have an idea for improving your Handbook please email

Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2019 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454