Request to change module
Module Change Request Form
You can apply to change your initial module registrations by completing a module change request form available from 27 August.
- You can request to change semester 1, semester 2 and full year modules from 27 August to 27 September. You can also request to change semester 2 modules from 2 December to 17 January. Any module change requests submitted during the Christmas College closure period will be responded to once Department Offices have re-opened.
- Before making a change request it is your responsibility to check that the change would not result in a timetable clash; that you would have a balance of modules across semesters (where possible) and that you meet any specific programme requirements.
- Although it is not required for you to gain the approval of your personal tutor to change modules, we recommend that you inform your tutor about any module changes that are made.
- Do not assume that your application will automatically be approved as all changes are dependent on the timetable, class sizes and space being available on the module. You will be notified of the outcome of your application via email which will be sent to your @kcl.ac.uk email address.
Seminar Group Change Request Form
You should be available for classes throughout the College’s teaching week (specified in the College timetabling policy). We will endeavour to ensure that the timetable is released sufficiently in advance of the commencement of teaching to assist students in making appropriate arrangements.
We will facilitate changes in your seminar group allocations when you have a timetable clash between classes on modules which count towards your award, or have accessibility needs (for example disabled access to a seminar room).
In some other exceptional circumstances we will allow you to switch between seminar groups on a module. This is permitted on the following grounds:
- Responsibilities as a carer or parent
- Recurring medical appointments
- Religious observance
- Commitments to an employer already entered into before seminar groups are published, and which cannot be easily altered (we will ask for evidence of this).
- Students who commute to College from a distance and who wish to request to change a seminar group will be considered on a case-by-case basis based on distance travelled as well as specified constraints (such as a space in a particular seminar group).
Before requesting a change, please ensure that your proposed change does not create a timetable clash, using the timetable system. Any moves between seminar groups can only be made where constraints permit it, and it is not guaranteed that you will be able to change.
The seminar change request form will be available from 27 August and the same deadlines as noted above for module change requests also apply for seminar change requests.