Dr Marta Musso
Teaching Fellow in Digital Asset & Media Management
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 020 7858 3215
Address: Department of Digital Humanities
S3.14 Strand Building
King’s College London
London WC2R 2LS
Research interests and PhD supervision
Marta Musso is a researcher in history and digital humanities.
She works on the preservation of digital-born sources and internet archives, digitisation processes, new methods of historical research for digital data, web history, energy policies and development.
She has several years of work experience as a journalist for online radio and magazines, and as a digital archivist. She holds a PhD in Economic History from the University of Cambridge, with a research on the impact of the oil industry in the Algerian decolonisation process and subsequent European-North Africa relations (a video presentation can be found here). As a PhD candidate, she also worked on several public history and digital history projects, such as the Big UK Domain Data for the Arts and Humanities, in collaboration with the IHR and the British Library. In 2016/2017 she was Max Weber Fellow at the European University Institute, where she worked on the history of European energy policies.
- The relations between State and Companies (particularly digital companies and energy companies)
- Tools for historical research in the digital world
- History of the web and social media
- Digitisation processes and online museums
- Musso M., Merletti F. (2016). This is the future: a history of UK companies on the web (1996-2001). In New Media and Society, 18 (7), pp.1120-1142
- Graziano M., Dr. Lecca P., Musso M.,Historic paths and future expectations: the macroeconomic impacts of the offshore wind technologies in the UK. In Energy Policy, Vol.108, September 2017, pp. 715-730
- Musso, M. and Dr. Cantoni, R. (eds.) Energy policies in Africa: What Future? Special edition of Afrique Contemporaine, De Boeck Supérieur [forthcoming]
- Brighi E. and Musso M. (2017) Italy in the Middle East and the Mediterranean: The evolving relations with Egypt and Libya. In Politics in Italy 2016 – yearly report. Carlo Cattaneo Institute, Il Mulino
- Musso, M. (2017) Sonatrach: economic independence, politics, international markets. In Ochonu, M. (ed.) Entrepreneurship in African History, Indiana University Press
Expertise & public engagement
Digital assets and media management; digital preservation; digital publishing; digital history
- President of Eogan, the European Oil and Gas Archives Network
- Communication Manager and Researcher for Archives Portal Europe, the catalogue repository of European archives for web search.
- Curator of the upcoming #AllezDemocracy, online exhibition on the democratisation of Europe
- Editor of the “The Long Run” (blog of the Economic History Society)