7AAH2001 Dissertation (Early Modern)
Credit value: 60Module convenor/tutor 2019/20: Dr Anna MaerkerAvailability: Please see module list for relevant yearAssessment: 1 x 15,000-word dissertation Students are reassessed in the failed elements of assessment and by the same methods as the first attempt.
The modules offered in each academic year are subject to change in line with staff availability and student demand: there is no guarantee every module will run. Module descriptions and information may vary between years.
The 15,000-word dissertation is the core of the Early Modern MA. It offers students the chance to research a topic of their choice, working with a supervisor from the department.
Recent dissertation topics have included:
- Innocence during the Terror, 1793-1794. A study of the concept and its influence
- Brokerage in the Mediterranean
- Monstrous births in early modern Europe
- Private and Public Piety
- Justification by faith and the fate of three archbishops
- Scottish national consciousness
- Preaching - the Public Voice of the Edwardine Reformation
- 2 x printed and bound copies of the dissertation