Strand Campus at King's College London
The Department of Music is located at the South end of the of the College's main Strand site, looking out over the River Thames.
We are ideally located in the heart of central London, with many performance and concert-going opportunities for students.
However, space is at a premium and practice facilities are limited to the following:
- SWB21: Our largest teaching room, seating approximately 60 people and contains: 1 upright Kawai piano and a Steinway C grand piano (for use by staff and first-study pianists only).
- SWB18 Lecture Room (1st floor): seats approximately 25 people and contains 1 Grotrian-Steinweg grand piano.
- SWB12 Blackwell Room (2nd floor): seats approximately 20 people and contains 1 upright piano.
- SWB20 Seminar Room (ground floor): seats approximately 25 people and contains 1 upright piano.
- St Davids Room (2nd floor, Strand Building): seats approximately 50 people and contains 1 Bösendorfer Imperial grand piano and 1 Johnson double-manual harpsichord.
All teaching rooms are made available for student practice and ensembles outside of teaching hours, from 08:00 - 22:00 every day.
These are situated on the top floor of the South West Block. Rooms 2, 3, 4 & 5 contain Yamaha Clavinovas. 6 contains 1 upright piano.
- SEB 3a, 3c1, 3c2, 4a & 4b
These are situated on the level 1 of South East Block. They each contain 1 Kawai CA78 digital piano.
- Macadam Basement rooms: 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b
These are situated in the basement of the Macadam Building, underneath the Student Union. They all contain upright pianos.
- Kings' Basement rooms: K-1.29, K1, 2, 3 & 4
These rooms are on the basement level of the King's Building. K-1.29, K1 & K2 have upright pianos. K3 contains percussion instruments & K4 has baby grand piano.
Use of department facilities
The Music Department regrets that its facilities are not available for use by outside organisations. Our practice rooms may only be used by current Music Students.
Department alumni & other department's in King's may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with booking requests, but the department reserves the right to priortise it's students over any external request.